- Ideal For – Runners who over-pronate.
- ***UPDATED*** FluidRide 2.0 Midsole – Combines SUPER SpEVA and SUPER SOLYTE for a lighter, yet more adaptable and cushioned ride.
- ***UPDATED***Clutch Counter – Exoskeletal heel counter offers more support for the foot and counteracts overpronation.
- ***UPDATED***HOTMELT Overlays – Strategically placed overlays replace stitching to reduce weight and improve the dynamic and static fit.
- ***UPDATED***Midsole Level – 1mm higher to provide greater comfort in all phases of movement.
In over 2 decades of GT-2000’s, there hasn’t been any lighter than this one. Weighing in at 305g, the latest Asics GT-2000 is the lightest ever (previous version 310g). This is largely due to ever advancing technologies, many of which have been utilised in the Asics GT-2000 3. These include the new Heel Clutching System, which is an exoskeletal heel counter designed to be firmer than in previous generations to offer more support for the foot and to counteract overpronation. The other main weight saving update is in the midsole. FluidRide 2.0 technology is used in the midsole to provide cushioning. It works by combining two brand new midsole components: SUPER SpEVA, which offers 20% more rebound potential than normal SpEVA, and SUPER SOLYTE, which is 15% lighter than existing SOLYTE. This combination works to increase shock attenuation, enhance surface adaptability and decrease weight. Upper The upper consists of a Vamp construction with stretchable sandwich mesh improving breathability and flexibility. A hallux window also provides more freedom of movement. The eyelets are discrete and are independently placed to help to disperse lace tension, providing a more personalised fit and enhanced comfort. Updates featuring within the upper include: HotMelt overlays, replacing stitching in the forefoot of the shoe. This helps to reduce weight and improves both the dynamic and static fit of the shoe, i.e. the shoe will feel just as comfortable during movement as standing still. Midsole GEL cushioning in the fore and rear foot attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle. A removeable ComforDry sockliner made of Ortholite provides further cushioning as well as offering anti-odour properties for a cooler, drier and healthier environment inside the shoe. The 1mm increase in midsole height provides greater comfort throughout all phases of the gait cycle. A removable ComforDry sockliner ma